THE EXISTENCE OF SIN
- 1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
THE NEED FOR REPENTANCE
- Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
- Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
GREATEST PARADOX IN HISTORY – LIFE CAN BE FOUND THROU DEATH
- Mark 8:35For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it.
- “At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, And the burden of my heart rolled away. It was there by faith I received my sight. And now I am happy all the day!”– Isaac Watts
- 1 Corinthians 2:2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
- Matthew 16:24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the young German theologian who was martyred by the Nazis in 1945, made one of the most convicting statements in Christianity when he stated, “When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.”
FIVE PICTURES OF THE CROSS
“IF THE CROSS IS ANYTHING TO THE MIND SURLEY IT IS EVERYTHING……….ONE COME TO REALIZE THAT LITERALLY ALL THE WEALTH AND GLORY OF THE GOSPEL CENTRES HERE
- Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
- Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
- AT-ONE-MENTis broken down into three words that means, “At one with”
The Gospel embraces the work of the cross
- 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
- Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
- Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
- Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
REGENERATION COMES AFTER DEATH
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
REGENERATION MEANS A NEW BIRTH:
It is more than a reformation of the old nature; the regenerated man receives a new, holy nature that has power over the old sinful nature. The new birth involves two elements:
- (1) DESTROYING THE POWER OF THE OLD NATURE
- II Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- (2) IMPARTING A NEW “CHRIST-LIKE” NATURE
- Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
CONCLUSION – THE NEW NATURE BRINGS:
- (1) CHANGE OF DESIRES AND ATTITUDES
- Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
- (2) POWER TO LIVE A NEW LIFE
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
One thought on “4) TO CONQUER MY SIN”
Sent from my iPhone