THE ART OF MENTORING (Excerpts from an Article Written by Mark Foster) Mentoring is a word that we are hearing more and more today. There have always been mentors, but it is being stressed more today and with good reason. One of the most pressing needs of our day is the training of young menContinue reading “7) WHO’S YOUR PAUL/ PETER? YOU NEED A “MENTOR””
Category Archives: Friends of the Bible Series
6) WHO’S YOUR RHODA? YOU NEED A “LITTLE ONE”
Rhoda was a doorkeeper in the house of Mary in Jerusalem. During a lengthy prayer vigil, Rhoda got up to answer the door – and there was Peter, unexpectedly and supernaturally freed from jail! She got so excited, she forget to let him in and instead ran to tell her companions that their prayers hadContinue reading “6) WHO’S YOUR RHODA? YOU NEED A “LITTLE ONE””
5) WHO’S YOUR BARNABAS? YOU NEED AN ENCOURAGER!
We are living in times when people desperately need encouragement. Followers of Christ are challenged in Scripture to encourage each other daily. It is our Christian duty to encourage each other. Encouragement means to come alongside to help. The word “encourage” is used in the Bible to mean: to make strong; to cheer up or causeContinue reading “5) WHO’S YOUR BARNABAS? YOU NEED AN ENCOURAGER!”
4) WHO’S YOUR DEBORAH? YOU NEED A PROTECTOR
1) YOU WILL BE ATTACKED Micah 7:8 Rejoice not against me, (1) O mine enemy: (2) when I fall, (3) I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Promise #1:You will have enemies The world is full of people who like nothing better than to kill you- (not physically – but there are those whoContinue reading “4) WHO’S YOUR DEBORAH? YOU NEED A PROTECTOR”
3) WHO’S YOUR JETHRO? YOU NEED A MOTIVATOR!
THE EXCUSES OF MOSES 1) “WHO AM I?” o EXCUSE: Exodus 3:11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? o ANSWER: Exodus 3:12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sentContinue reading “3) WHO’S YOUR JETHRO? YOU NEED A MOTIVATOR!”
2) WHO’S YOUR NATHAN? YOU NEED AN EDITOR!
NATHAN CONFRONTING KING DAVID IS FOUND IN 2 SAMUEL 12:1-14 THE SETTING BETWEEN DAVID AND NATHAN Nathan the prophet was a gift to King David, giving him counsel on issues from architecture to music to succession and, most importantly, the heart of the king himself. David’s life was not right, and his heart was notContinue reading “2) WHO’S YOUR NATHAN? YOU NEED AN EDITOR!”
1) WHO’S YOUR JONATHAN? YOU NEED A TRUE FRIEND!
1 Sam 19:1-6 And Saul spake to Jonathan his son, and to all his servants, that they should kill David. 2. But Jonathan Saul’s son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secretContinue reading “1) WHO’S YOUR JONATHAN? YOU NEED A TRUE FRIEND!”