2 MANTLES OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY
- Matthew 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
- Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
CHARACTERISTICS OF CHILDREN
- Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.
- Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
ACCEPTING OF EVERYONE
- and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
- The Gender barrier
- and your young men shall see visions,
- The Age barrier
- and your old men shall dream dreams:
- The Generational barrier
- 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens
- The Social Barrier
- I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS
- Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
- Acts 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 30. And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
- Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
This series is loosely based off Leonard Sweet’s book by 11: Indispensable Relationships You Can’t Be Without and the preaching notes of my friend, Shawn Stickler, Lead Pastor of The Pentecostals of Quinte in Belleville, ON. I have also personalized these outlines with my own thoughts and stories.
FRIENDS OF THE BIBLE SERIES
LESSON ONE: WHO’S YOUR JONATHAN? YOU NEED A TRUE FRIEND!
LESSON TWO: WHO’S YOUR NATHAN? YOU NEED AN EDITOR!
LESSON THREE: WHO’S YOUR JETHRO? YOU NEED A MOTIVATOR!
LESSON FOUR: WHO’S YOUR DEBORAH? YOU NEED A PROTECTOR!
LESSON FIVE: WHO’S YOUR BARNABAS? YOU NEED AN ENCOURAGER!
LESSON SIX: WHO’S YOUR RHODA? YOU NEED A LITTLE ONE!
LESSON SEVEN: WHO’S YOUR PAUL/PETER? YOU NEED A MENTOR!