- Place the letters in a circle around the room
- Have each student stand on a letter
- Give the group a POWER WORD that they will use to come up with words for this activity
- Tell your group that they will partner with the person who is at their right
- Have each pair tell each other a word that starts with the letter that they are standing on
- EXAMPLE: If the POWER WORD was leadership and you were standing on an “A” you could say attitude.
- I give them about 20 seconds then I will have them go left 3 steps and do it again, then 5 steps then go again, then 12 steps . . . you get the idea
- The point is to have them stand on as many letters as possible sharing words that revolve around your power word.
At the conclusion, I will have a large sticky note or white board and will start with “A” and have the students share out what they came up with. We will go A to Z and by the time we are done, I will have 26 great words to use for leadership (whatever topic you choose).
BONUS POINT: You can also use your letters as spotmarkers