7 X-CITING WAYS TO SUPPORT PRAYER IN YOUR MINISTRY
This resource will give your ministry se7en ways to make teaching prayer intentional:
1) HAVE A CONSISTENT PRAYER TIME
- At Se7en Student Ministries we adopted the “Se7en Prayer Challenge.” All you have to do is pray se7en minutes every day at 7:00 pm.
2) HAVE GROUP PRAYER
- Every Wednesday night in our student service we had a 10 minute block where we would break students up into groups and do some type of prayer activity.
3) INCLUDE THEM IN YOUR SERMON SERIES
- We include prayer in all of our series. As the old adage goes, “You get what you preach.”
4) ASSIGN LEADERS TO THEM
- This gives elders a chance to pass down their passion of prayer to our students and it places us in an intentional position to teach prayer.
5) BUILD IN PEER ACCOUNTABILITY
- There is a popular leadership quote that says, “You can only expect what you inspect.” The same is true with prayer. Pair your students up with their friends and have them check up on each other every week.
6) REWARD THEM FOR BEING SUCCESSFUL
- We once held an end of the school year awards banquet where we decorated it like the Grammy’s and made it a Sunday dress up event. We then awarded all of our students for areas of spiritual excellence.
7) INCLUDE STUDENTS IN THE PROCESS
- If any process is to be successful, you have to have student leadership involved. Have students lead your prayer services. The more students that are involved the more other students will be motivated to follow their lead.