A great teacher strategy I love to use when I am working with a large group but need to divide them into smaller groups is called MINGLE.
- Start out by yelling out random numbers and have students get in a group with that many student
- EXAMPLE: If you shout 7 then everyone should get in groups of sevens – the odd person is out
- Keep playing this until you have one or two people left.
If you need a particular number of students in each group try this:
- Get a count of how many students you have altogether
- Let’s say you have 25 and you need 5 groups
- After you have played a few rounds tell the students you are going to play again, then yell out 5. You will then have 5 groups of five.
- Of course you will not always have even groups but this will still group them up and then you can place the remainder with the group you feel is best.
2 thoughts on “MINGLE”