This post is a teaching schedule from 2016. This completes the yearly teaching series of Apostolic Tabernacle from 2014 to 2019. I am catching up on old posts.
Do you know what you are teaching next Sunday Morning or next Wednesday Night? Do you know what you taught a year ago during your teaching time? We tend to teach and preach out of our niche’ comfort zones. If we are not careful we can preach the same general themes over and over. While I understand some repetition is good, the Bible is a big inspired book with many themes and subthemes. By using a teaching calendar you can be much more intentional with what you are teaching and you can more effectively reach the varied backgrounds of the people in your congregation.
Along with being a full-time evangelist, I also work as the Executive Pastor at Apostolic Faith Tabernacle alongside Pastor David McCool. Below is our 2016 theme – Deeper – that Pastor McCool felt drawn to for this year. I created the framework for this series along with Bro. McCool’s guidance. This schedule is for the 10:00am Adult Bible Class. Feel free to use the rhythm and flow of this teaching calendar to meet the needs of your own church.
Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man.
- January 3rd – Discovering Your Dive (A Study in Intentional Involvement)
- January 10th – Dive into Relationship (A Study in Accountability to Others)
- January 17th – Dive into Your Calling (A Study on How Everyone Can Contribute)
- January 24th – Diving into Encouragement
- January 31st – Dive into Glory (A Study of the Benefits of Serving Christ)
- February 7th – Dive into His Timing (A Study in God’s Plan for Your Life)
- February 14th – (VALENTINES DAY) – Dive into Love
- February 21st – Dive into the Spirit – (A Study on a Spirit-Led Church)
- February 28th – Diving in Deep – (A Study on being Spirit-Led into the Unknown)
Ephesians 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.
- March 6th – Equipped Intentionally (A Study in Intentional Personal Growth)
- March 13th – Equipped by Christ (A Study in Intentional Lordship by Christ)
- March 20th (PALM SUNDAY) Equipped to Serve (A Study in Intentional Servanthood)
- March 27th – (EASTER) – Equipped to Give (A Study in the Ultimate Sacrifice)
- April 3rd – Equipped to Learn (A Study in Intentional Bible Study)
- April 10th – Equipped to Pray (A Study in Intentional Prayer)
- April 17th – Equipped to Share (A Study in Intentional Fellowship)
- April 24th – Equipped to Reach (A Study in Intentional Evangelism)
RESOURCE: Be Intentional sermon series by Brian La Croix http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermon-series/be-intentional-sermon-series-by-brian-la-croix-6622-9524.asp
Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height.
- May 1st – Expand Consistency (The more often you do, the better you will do)
- May 8th – (MOTHER’S DAY) Expand Curiosity (Reach beyond yourself)
- May 15th – (PENTECOST SUNDAY) Expand Coverage (Rev. John Kuzma teaching)
- May 22nd – Expand the border.
- May 29th (MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND) Expand Commitment (A Study of Honoring the ones that have went before us)
- June 5th – Focused Expansion Intentionally Expanding
- June 12th – Expand Cautiously (Expand without spreading too thin)
- June 19th – (FATHER’S DAY) Expand Capacity (affecting the next generation)
- June 26th – Expand Your Expectations
RESOURCE: 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell
Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
- July 3rd – Dare To Pursue
- July 10th – It Takes A Plan
- July 17th – Don’t Stop When It’s Hard
- July 24th – What Are You Willing To Do
- July 31st – 5th Sunday Celebration
- August 7th – Pursue Purity
- August 14th – Pursue Compassion
- August 21st – Pursue Faith
- August 28th – Pursue Through Distractions
Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
- September 4th – What do you expect?
- September 11th – Expect Greatness
- September 18th – Expect Resistance, But Victory
- September 25th –Expect God to Show Up
- October 2nd – Expect Temptation
- October 9th – Expect Doubt
- October 16th – Expect to Serve
- October 23rd – We Are Expected to… Flee Evil and Watch
- October 30th – 5th Sunday Celebration
Ephesians 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
- November 6th – Remain in Christ (A Study in Abiding in Christ) 2 Tim 2:11-13
- November 13th – Remain Steadfast (A Study in Staying Planted) Psalms 1:3
- November 20th – Remain Strong (A Study in Surviving Life’s Struggles) James 1:12)
- November 27th – Remain Upbeat – 2 Corinthians 9:16
- December 4th – Remain Fruitful – John 15:4
- December 11th – Remain Hopeful – I Thess 2:19
- December 18th – Remain Watchful (A Study in the Return of Christ) Luke 12:35, 36
- December 25th – (CHRISTMAS DAY) No Services
- The Power of a Teaching Calendar
- “FORWARD” 2014 Teaching Calendar
- “IGNITE” 2015 Teaching Calendar
- “DEEPER” 2016 Teaching Calendar
- “ILLUMINATE” 2017 Teaching Calendar
- “I LOVE MY CHURCH” 2018 Teaching Calendar
- “BACK TO BASICS” 2019 Teaching Calendar