I believe in the power of a “Teaching Calendar!” It is a great way to keep your vision on track. Along with being a full-Time evangelist, I also work as the Executive Pastor at Apostolic Faith Tabernacle alongside Pastor David McCool. Below is our 2018 theme – I LOVE MY CHURCH – that Pastor McCool and myself put together. We generally create our schedule from scratch. This year we decided to tie our theme to five core resources. Feel free to use the rhythm and flow of this teaching calendar to meet the needs of your own church.
1) I LOVE MY CHURCH, SO I WILL ATTEND
Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common.
- January 7th – I Love My Church Launch
- January 14th – Faithful attenders PRIORITIZE God and his word in their lives.
- January 21st – Faithful attenders DEMONSTRATE their love for Jesus and his bride.
- January 28th – Faithful attenders RECEIVE the gospel anew every single week.
- February 4th – Faithful attenders EVANGELIZE the lost and build-up new believers.
- February 11th – (VALENTINE’S DAY)
- February 18th – Faithful attenders CULTIVATE a heart-attitude of gratefulness.
- February 25th – Faithful attenders ENCOURAGE fellow disciples in their long walk.
Series based on: Jonathan Romig. “Why Faithful Church Attendance Matters.”
2) I LOVE MY CHURCH, SO I WILL WORSHIP
Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
- March 4th – The Restoration of Worship
- March 11th – Thanksgiving, Praise, and Worship
- March 18th – Causes for Worship
- March 25th – (PALM SUNDAY) – Effects of Worship
- April 1st – (EASTER) – Methods of Worship: Physical Expressions
- April 8th – Music and Worship
- April 15th – Maintaining Order in Worship
- April 22th – Worship as a Way of Life
- April 29th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
Series based on: Gary D. Erickson. “Pentecostal Worship.” iBooks.
3) I LOVE MY CHURCH, SO I WILL REACH
Acts 2:47 And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
- May 6th – First-century disciple-making culture: Don’t reinvent the wheel
- May 13th – (MOTHER’S DAY)
- May 20th – (PENTECOST SUNDAY)
- May 27th – (MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND)
- June 3rd – Living intentionally: A life worth reproducing
- June 10th – Disciple making versus soul winning: Penguins, not storks
- June 17th – (FATHER’S DAY)
- June 24th – Follow to lead: The game changer
- July 1st–Who is my neighbor? The greatest question for a troubled world
- July 8th – There you are: The attitude of a disciple maker
- July 15th – Unlikely disciple makers of the Bible: There are no excuses
- July 22nd – Make a disciple, Secure the future: Discipling the next generation
- July 29th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
Series based on: Stan O. Gleason. “Follow to Lead.” iBooks.
4) I LOVE MY CHURCH, SO I WILL PRAY
Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
- August 5th – What Is Prayer?
- August 12th – Hindrances To Prayer
- August 19th – Do What He Tells You To Do
- August 26th – What Was The Early Church Doing?
- September 2nd – (LABOR DAY WEEKEND) – The Privilege Of Prayer
- September 9th – Prayer Gives Power
- September 16th – Playing Games on the Brink of Hell
- September 23rd – Fervent Prayer
- September 30th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
- October 7th – The Forgotten Prayer Request
- October 14th – Prayer Gives Inspiration
- October 21st – Intercessory Prayer: The Birthing
- October 28th – Prayer of Faith
Series based on: Joy Haney. “When Ye Pray.”
5) I LOVE MY CHURCH, SO I WILL GIVE
Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45. And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
- November 4th – Shifting Perspectives
- November 11th – Stepping toward Excellence
- November 18th – (THANKSGIVING WEEK)
- November 25th – Mastering the Basics
- December 2nd – Being Obedient
- December 9th – Living a Life of Extravagance
- December 16th – Taking Your Next Step
- December 23rd – (CHRISTMAS SUNDAY)
- December 30th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
Series based on: Nelson Searcy. “The Generosity Ladder.” iBooks