I believe in the power of a “Teaching Calendar!” It is a great way to keep your vision on track. Along with being a full-Time evangelist, I also work as the Executive Pastor at Apostolic Faith Tabernacle alongside Pastor David McCool. Below is our 2017 theme – ILLUMINATE – that Pastor McCool and myself put together. Feel free to use the rhythm and flow of this teaching calendar to meet the needs of your own church.
1) CLEAR Up
1. To supply or brighten with light; light up. 2. to make lucid or clear; throw light on (a subject). Through the light of God’s Word He illuminates debris in our lives that we must remove so the light can shine through us.
SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2. And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4. Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
- January 1st – 11:00 Service Only
- January 8th – Clear Up Envy
- January 15th – Clear Up Gluttony
- January 22nd – Clear Up Greed
- January 29th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
- February 5th – Clear Up Lust
- February 12th – (VALENTINE’S DAY)
- February 19th – Clear Up Pride
- February 26th – Clear Up Slothfulness
- March 5th – Clear Up Wrath
- March 12th – Clear Up Idolatry
- March 19th – Clear Up Unthankfulness
- March 26th – Clear Up Uncleanliness
2) LIGHT UP
1. With reference to a person’s face or eyes, suddenly become or cause to be animated with liveliness or joy. 2. Synonyms: animate, brighten, cheer up, enliven. Once the debris of the flesh is removed from our life, the Gifts of the Spirit can light up our life!
SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9. (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- April 2nd – Light Up with Love
- April 9th – (PALM SUNDAY) – Light Up with Joy
- April 16th – (EASTER) – Light Up with Peace
- April 23rd – Light Up with Longsuffering
- April 30th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
- May 7th – Light Up with Gentleness
- May 14th – (MOTHER’S DAY)
- May 21st – Light Up with Goodness
- May 28th – (MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND)
- June 4th – Light Up with Faith
- June 11th – Light Up with Meekness
- June 18th – (FATHER’S DAY)
- June 25th – Light Up with Temperance
3) WAKE UP
1. To become roused from sleep; awake; awaken; waken 2. To become roused from a tranquil or inactive state; to wake from one’s daydreams. 3. to become cognizant or aware of something; to wake to the true situation. Since the debris has now been removed from our life and the Fruit of the Spirit is shining through us we will WAKE UP to the true needs around us through strong spiritual diciplines.
SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
- July 2nd – Wake Up From Slumber (1 Thessalonians 5:6)
- July 9th – Wake Up From Temptation (1 Peter 5:8)
- July 16th – Wake Up to Victory (Joel 3:9)
- July 23rd – Wake Up to Salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8)
- July 30th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
- August 6th – Wake Up to Mercy (Psalms 90:14)
- August 13th – Wake Up to Prayer (1 Peter 4:7)
- August 20th – Wake Up to Solitude (Mark 1:35)
- August 27th – Wake Up to Fasting (Joel 1:14)
- September 3rd – (LABOR DAY WEEKEND) – Wake Up to Good Works (Matthew 20:1)
- September 10th – Wake Up to Righteousness (1 Corinthians 15:34)
- September 17th – Wake Up to Ministry (2 Timothy 4:5)
- September 24th – Wake Up to Training (Jeremiah 32:33)
4) POWER UP
1. To supply with electricity or other means of power: 2. To give power to; make powerful: 3. To inspire; spur; sustain: 4. To drive or push by applying power. Now we are ready for Gifts of the Spirit to POWER UP our lives and empower us to Illuminate this dark world.
SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.
I Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9. To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10. To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11. But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
- October 1st – Power Up (Acts 1:8)
- October 8th – Power Up with the Word of Wisdom
- October 15th – Power Up with the Word of Knowledge
- October 22nd – Power Up with Faith
- October 29th – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only
- November 5th – Power Up with the Gifts of Healing
- November 12th – Power Up with the Working of Miracles
- November 19th – (THANKSGIVING WEEK)
- November 26th – Power Up with the Gift of Prophecy
- December 3rd – Power Up with the Discerning of Spirits
- December 10th – Power Up with Diverse kinds of Tongues
- December 17th – Power Up with Interpretation of Tongues
- December 24th – (CHRISTMAS SUNDAY)
- December 31st – (5TH SUNDAY) – 11:00 Service Only