The number of persons who will play the game are counted. Dots/carpet squares, one less than the number of players, are arranged in a circle.
- One person, apart from those playing the game, stands at the music system. He/ she plays and abruptly stops the music anytime.
- The players start walking around the dots when the music is on.
- The moment music stops, all the players try to stand on the nearest dot.
- The player left standing is out of the game.
- Again the music starts and the whole process is repeated, till only one person is left standing on a dot.
The person left standing on a dot at the end of the game is the winner. This is a great way to introduce to songs to your students.