We are now entering our fifth week of an exciting journey. We have discussed our spiritual goals, explored new ways to stretch our understanding and to strengthen our relationships. We are now at a halfway point of our series. Our focus is now going to begin to broaden much wider. Our focus tonight is now going to shift on Vision. This lesson will begin to make this series much more personal. Tonight is all about our personal goals, dreams, and aspirations.
ILLUSTRATION: On really fast sports cars there is a thing in the motor that is called a regulator. This regulator “regulates the speed of the car. The car is restricted by where this device is set. In big sporting events, they will take off the regulator and let the cars run “wide open”
APPLICATION: Tonight we are going to take off the regulators and allow you to think wide open. Dig deep into your heart and discover exactly what is your God-given purpose. What were you destined to do? What are those hidden dreams that you have never told anyone because you are afraid that you will not be taken seriously?
Tonight we are going to take a look into the exciting world of “VISION”
1) VISION IS SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOU ARE!
Ephesians 3:17-21 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
- QUOTE POWER: Vision is the art of seeing things invisible ~ Jonathan Swift
2) WHO DETERMINES YOUR VISION?
Judges 6:11-13 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abi-ezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites. 12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.
- Gideon was hiding by the wine press and God called him a mighty man of valour. Gideon did not have any personal vision to see what could be, but God determined his vision and saw a divine plan for Gideon’s life.
3) YOU GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR
2 Kings 13:17-21 And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the LORD’s deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them. 18. And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed. 19. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.
- He only shot three arrows, but he would have received victory for as many shots that he would have shot – but he stopped.
- How many arrows will you shoot?
- How big is your vision?
- What regulators are you putting on your personal ministry?
2 Kings 4:6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
- How many vessels do you have available?
4) YOUR VISION CAN BE A BURDEN
Isaiah 22:1 The burden of the valley of vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops?
5) YOU MUST BE PATIENT WITH YOUR VISION
Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
Take some time to write down all of your V.ISION goals on this page. We are much more likely to complete these goals when they are set before us.
VISION GOALS COULD INCLUDE:
1) Start an organization that will help people
2) Create a new product
3) Write a book
4) Build a network of colleagues
5) Raise money for a worthy cause
LIFE SURVIVAL SERIES
- SERMON ONE: THE ART OF SURVIVAL
- SERMON TWO: S.PIRITUAL GOALS
- SERMON THREE: U.NDERSTANDING GOALS
- SERMON FOUR: R.ELATIONSHIP GOALS
- SERMON FIVE: V.ISION GOALS
- SERMON SIX: I.NVESTMENT GOALS
- SERMON SEVEN: V.OCATION GOALS
- SERMON EIGHT: A.SSET GOALS
- SERMON NINE: L.EISURE GOALS