This is a fun icebreaker during the Christmas holidays for all times of gatherings! You simply have everyone stand then you read off the following list of statements. If one applies then they sit down. For example, the leader of the activity would say, “Sit down if . . . You’re A Re-gifter.” All of the guilty participants will have a seat. You will then go through the whole list until everyone is sitting down.
TWIST: You can gauge your audience and make adjustments to keep the activity going a little longer, for instance if you notice after the first four statements that nearly everyone is sitting down, then you can say, “Sit down if . . . You have been kissed under a mistletoe.” You can use statements to have people STAND or SIT. The idea is just to have people standing and sitting and make people laugh.
SIT DOWN IF . . .
- . . . You’re A Re-gifter
- . . . You’ve never had eggnog
- . . . You open presents on Christmas Eve
- . . . If you have post-poned Christmas till after Christmas to get the sales
- . . . If you have been kissed under a mistletoe – STAND
- . . . Never been caroling
- . . . Never participated in a Christmas program
- . . . Never driven around looking at Christmas lights
- . . . Decorate before Thanksgiving – STAND
- . . . Never sat on Santa’s lap
- . . . Ever have worn a Christmas sweater
- . . . If you hate candy canes – STAND
- . . . If you have never been ice-skating
- . . . If you have never created a snow angel
- . . . If you do not know what a Red Rider BB gun is
- . . . If you cried when you had to take your picture with Santa
- . . . If you tried to lick a frozen pole to see whether your tongue sticks or not