Students will have to work through difficult circumstances to complete this activity.
- Break your students into teams
- Give each team a tarp
- Tell them that the tarp is an ISLAND and the grass is the OCEAN
- Then instruct the teams to fold their tarp once without stepping in the ocean
- Keep giving them instructions to fold the tarp one fold at a time until they cannot fold it anymore
- The team who has the smallest tarp at the end is the winner.
- Students will have to communicate in order to continually fold the tarp
- They will have to be creative to make more space (Hold one another, etc.)
- They will have to endure the lack of space