This is an outline of a Sunday school lesson that can be used in your super church or any setting you deem necessary. I was asked to speak at a church who is having an anniversary service and they told me it would be an extra long service I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of content prepared for the children. So this lesson was a little longer than normal for me but it can be altered to fit any occasion. You could very easily turn this into a seven-week series.
- SONG: Every Move I Make
- SONG: I am a Christian
- Story Book: A Great Day for Up – Dr. Suess
(We read the story to the kids who we usually have sit on the floor and we have the pages of the book on PowerPoint so they can read along.)
1) STAND UP
- ACTION: Stand to attention
OVERVIEW: As Christians, we are to stand up against sin, meanness, and bullying. It is not our goal to be like everybody else, it is OK to be different.
- SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 6:10-18 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness.
- SONG: When you’re up, you’re up, and when you’re down, you’re down, but when you’re only halfway up, you’re neither up or down. ACTIONS: Slow motion, fast forward, reverse, etc.
2) HUSH UP
- ACTION: Cover mouth
- OVERVIEW: All of us love to talk. Sometimes the best thing we can do is to be quiet.
- SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
- ACTIVITY: Quiet Ball
- SONG: Quiet Please
3) LOOK UP
- ACTION: Look up with hand visor
- OVERVIEW: Any of us can get sad from time to time but we must look up and know God loves us.
- SCRIPTURE: Psalms 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
- GAME: Look down – Look up
- SONG: Open the Eyes of my Heart
4) LIFT UP
- ACTION: Lean over, put your hands by your knees, palm up and lift up
- OVERVIEW: If we see other people around us our sad, it is our job to talk to them and be nice to them and help them smile.
- SCRIPTURE: Ecclesiastes 4:9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. 10. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
- ACTIVITY: Kudos Beachball
- SONG: Laughing Song
5) GIVE UP
- ACTION: Both hands straight in the air in a surrender position
- OVERVIEW: What are some things in your life that you need to give up in order to love Jesus more? Anger, meanness, or lies?
- SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 12:1 Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
- ACTIVITY: Have kids write something they need to GIVE UP in order to get closer to Jesus on a piece of paper and then have them throw it in the wastebasket.
- SONG: My God is So Big, So Strong and so Mighty (Somethings are really hard to give up and we need a Big, Strong and Mighty God to help us give things up).
6) WAKE UP
- ACTION: Rapidly lift your head up and open your eyes really wide
- OVERVIEW: We must wake up each morning with praise and Thanksgiving. We must prepare our south to be used of the Lord.
- SCRIPTURE: Psalms 118:24 (KJV) This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
- ACTIVITY: Prayer March – Lead students in a march around the room and praise God for all he has done.
- SONG: Sunday School Swing
7) REACH UP
- ACTION: Hands in the air, praising God
- OVERVIEW: We need Jesus more than anything in the world. We reach up to Jesus through prayer.
- SCRIPTURE: Psalms 34:1 (KJV) I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
- ACTIVITY: Prayer Journey
- PRAISE – How Great is Our God
- REPENT – Pipe Cleaner: Make a symbol of one thing we want God to forgive us of
- ASK – Power Write: Roll the brown paper out and have students write or draw symbols of their prayer requests
- YIELD TO THE LORD – Here I am to Worship
- ALTAR SONGS:
- Serve 7up of course!!! (Thank you, Sis. Nancy Norris for the idea)
2 thoughts on “7UP’S OF A CHRISTIAN – KIDS SERVICE”
For snack? Serve 7 up? 😉
Absolutely!!! I have already updated the post to reflect your genious idea! So, good to hear from you. We miss the Norris’!