BALLOONS FOR MOM – MOTHER OF THE YEAR CONTEST
Every one wants their mother/wife to be the best and to be recognized as the best. So, give them the stage to let this happen. Have a “Mother of the Year” contest. The way this is done is to just have a vote. Anyone can place as many votes as they would like for the woman of their choice.
The catch is that each vote will cost them $1 dollar. So, you send out a flyer to all of their relatives and talk to their husbands and have them sponsor them for woman of the year. Each $1 dollar vote will give them one balloon. Then on Mother’s Day you will have all of the balloons in the auditorium when people walk in. It is beautiful and breathtaking to walk into watch and see hundreds of balloons. One year we had a very close contest with the winner receiving over 500 votes! And the runner-up obtained 400 votes! Between two ladies that is $900 dollars.
The secret is that you must make it very rewarding. Spare no expense to make sure that you have a good PRIZE for the “Mother of the Year.” We give the top three ladies a dozen roses. We give the “Mother of the Year” a gift certificate to a nice restaurant. We have a special parking space reserved for “Mother of the Year.” It is a great fundraiser and morale builder.
- 1) MOTHER OF THE YEAR: The top prize wins a special parking space for the year, a $50.00 gift certificate to a nice restaurant and a dozen roses.
- 2) 1ST RUNNER-UP: The second place winner receives a $25.00 gift certificate to a nice restaurant and a dozen roses.
- 3) 2ND RUNNER-UP: The third place winner receives a dozen roses.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- We sell the balloons in bunches of five to keep things easy for record keeping and to prevent nickel and diming.
- We always give five balloons to every mother so that no one goes without on this special day.
- We also honor the Pastor’s wife as “The Mother of the Church.”
- You will need to get helium tanks to fill the balloons. This is a little pricy so shop around for the best deal.
- We would also sell bundles of WHITE BALLOONS in honor of mothers that have passed.
- For orders over 100, we give a mylar balloon for each set of 25 balloons over 100. This creates a beautiful display and also saves on extra balloons.
- YOU MUST FILL THE BALLOONS THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!! If you try doing them on Friday night you will walk into a room of dead balloons.