Coke-a-cola swapped their iconic logo with over 1,000 of the most popular names so you could “Share a Coke” with friends or loved ones. My wife came up with a creative prayer idea. Every time she gets a diet coke, she picks a bottle of a name she recognizes and then prays for that person.
My wife shared with me her new prayer strategy, so while we were traveling she selected a bottle with the name “Michael.” We then began praying for our General Youth President, Michael Ensey. I took a picture of the bottle then sent Rev. Ensey a tweet letting him know that we were praying for him.
I think there are a lot of fun ways that you could incorporate this prayer strategy into your student ministry. Here are some fun ideas to get you started.
- MESSAGE YOUR STUDENTS – You can send your students a picture of their name on a coke bottle and add a message with a personalized prayer to them.
- PRAYER NIGHT – You could have your students bring a coke with a name. During your youth service you could have your students pray for the names on the the coke bottles.
- COKE SWAP – Have students bring a coke bottle with their own name on them. During the prayer night, have them pray for their own name, then have them swap bottles with someone in the group and pray for those names. They can bring the bottle home with them to remind them to pray for their friend.
- COKE FLOAT NIGHT – With summer winding down, you could have everyone bring a coke with a name on it. You could supply the ice cream. Have a prayer night where you pray for all of the names on the bottles, then celebrate with coke floats at the end of the night.
- DECORATE YOUR YOUTH ROOM – Coke has a name generator that will generate names on Coke bottles at http://www.shareacoke.com/#bottle. You can print these off and frame them or hang them throughout your room. Students enjoy seeing their name and you can pray for everyone in the group by having their names visible.
You can come up with additional creative ideas that you can use to make prayer memorable for your students.
Please share your creative ideas in the comments section.