This post is the E.X.C.E.L. teaching agenda for Rev. Bobbi Morehead, Ph.D., for the TEACHERS SESSION Entitled, “STORY TIME.” This lesson is being taught in Saint John, NB as part of the Atlantic District Sunday School Workshop on 11.5.16.
Detect viruses through the handshake and greeting!
- Train the brain to be thankful!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- Think about a teacher who really impacted your life. Describe that teacher in 3 words or less.
- MINGLE ACTIVITY- share your 3 words with your partner!
- The most powerful teaching strategy ever used- STORY! Jesus continually used parables (or stories) to teach and so should we!!!
- Read “3 Pigs and the Truth“
- THINK/ PAIR/ SHARE (Line up silently by height and fold the line. Now it is DISCUSSION time because the person doing the talking is usually the person who is learning the most!)
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
- 1. Why did the second house fall?
- 2. What made the strong house strong?
- 3. My favorite part of the story was…
- POEM – I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized. – Haim G. Ginott
*** Question/ Answer Time ***
FAVORITE STORY BOOKS FOR TEACHING
WISE AND SILLY SERIES BY WILMER ROWLAND JR.
- Wise and Silly VALUE: Choices, parable of the wise man and foolish man
- In Jesus Name
- Keep Going
- 3 Pigs and the Truth
- A Great Day for Up by Dr. Suess.
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein’s VALUE: The gift of giving
- A Tale of Three Trees by
One thought on “STORY TIME by Bobbi Morehead”